Regular maintenance of the scissor lift can keep it in good working condition, prevent and reduce the occurrence of failures, and prolong the service life of the machine. The following are the steps and precautions for scissor lift maintenance.
The scissor lift should be filled with lubricating oil when in use, so that the connection between various parts can be better, the friction loss of parts can be reduced, and the service life of the equipment can be increased. Scissor lift rental companies should be especially careful. During operation, if the operation feeling becomes heavy or there is abnormal noise, it should be checked in time, and the parts with problems should be replaced in time, and some valves and other parts should be cleaned regularly. If there are worn parts, they should be replaced in time to prevent hidden dangers of safe operation due to parts loss. Scissor lifts are, after all, consumable items and should therefore also be thoroughly inspected from time to time. The following are the detailed steps of scissor lift maintenance.
- Daily maintenance
Every week, whether the connections of the scissor lift are tightened, whether the sealing ring is damaged or invalid, whether there is a lack of hydraulic oil, and whether the oil cylinder is leaking are all the key issues of inspection. It must be cleaned once a week to clean up the lifting frame, scissors, lines, and oil cylinders to prevent dust and debris from affecting normal work.
- Hydraulic oil replacement. After changing the hydraulic oil, it must be turned on and automatically lifted 2 to 3 times to clean the air in the oil cylinder and keep enough space to ensure that the aerial work platform can be lifted up to the rated lifting height.
- Monthly maintenance
During the maintenance of the lifting platform, when personnel enter the interior of the lifting platform to work, they must hang the elevator to prevent the sudden drop of the lifting platform and cause casualties.
A． Check the lubrication and wear of rollers, intermediate shafts and bearings; oil cylinder pins and bearings; boom hinges and bearings;
B． The above components are filled with lubricating oil. Extend bearing life.
C． Check hydraulic oil quality and oil level. When the lifting table rises to the highest level, the hydraulic oil level should be 40-50mm higher than the bottom of the fuel tank. When the oil color of the hydraulic oil becomes dark, the oil is sticky, or there are foreign objects such as gravel in the oil, the hydraulic oil should be replaced in time.
- Year-end maintenance
A． Check hydraulic and plumbing connections. If the pipe is damaged, it should be replaced immediately; if the connection part is loose, tighten the pipe joint.
B． Remove and disassemble the drop valve, blow out the valve core with compressed air and install it again.
C． Drain all the hydraulic oil in the oil tank, open the oil tank, take out the oil suction filter, clean it, put it back into the oil tank, and install it in its original position. Fill the tank with new oil.
Precautions for maintenance of scissor lift
- The hydraulic oil used should be kept clean and not mixed with water and other impurities. Generally, it should be replaced every six months.
- During maintenance or failure, the power supply should be cut off in time.
- Lubrication and hydraulic oil of each part are carried out according to the requirements of the manufacturer.
- Check the connection of each part, and tighten it if it is loose. The tightness of the connecting bolts of the body should be checked when the body is under pressure, and all connecting pins must have cotter pins and must be fully opened.
- Check whether each mechanism is operating normally and whether there is noise. If a fault is found, it must be eliminated in time.
- Check all wires and cables for damage. The damaged part should be bandaged and replaced in time.
- Each moving part of the hydraulic lift is filled with some lubricating oil to prolong the service life of the bearing.
- Check all hydraulic oil pipes and joints of the lift. The oil pipe must not be damaged, the joints must not be loose, and all joints must be tightened.
- Check whether there is oil in the piston rod of the oil cylinder and the transparent plastic vent pipe. If there is too much fluid, the cylinder seals may fail or the tank may be overfilled.
- When replacing the sealing ring, the opened part of the hydraulic system of the scissor lift should be strictly cleaned first, and impurities and dirty oil should not be mixed into the system. It is never allowed to put the sealing ring directly over the threaded part of the component.
- In addition to the rancid hydraulic oil, there are more hydraulic oil and lubricating oil that can still be used. Only hydraulic oil mixed with metal particles can be used after sedimentation and filtration.