Proper maintain is necessary for all hydraulic cargo lifts, this could improve the working performance and extend lifespan of the lift effectively. Let’s see how to do cargo lift maintenance together.
- Daily cargo lift inspections
Better make a schedule that list out items need to check and inspection and mark date. This every day check is easy done and does not take much time, while this will avoid big troubles that might happen. Small problem or potential risk will be found and fixed timely.
Below are items to check in daily basis:
- Control buttons, function right or not; this process tested the effectiveness of each floor’s limited switches too;
- Check if the interlock on doors are functional well nor nor;
- Check if their is any leakage of cylinder;
- Check if the lifting chains are loosen or not;
Record your daily inspections timely.
2. Monthly freight lift maintain
Daily maintain focus on inspection and monthly maintain will need more through inspections. You need to check below items or perform proper maintaining:
- Check the hydraulic oil level and cleanness, add proper oil if the level is low. Normally add #46 anti-wearing hydraulic oil in summer and #32 in winter. #68 hydraulic oil will be used for area where temperature is very high, such as Dubai etc.;
- Check if the lift move smooth, grease the chains once a month;
3. Half year hydraulic goods lift maintain
- Based on the using frequency, you need to consider if its time to change hydraulic oil on half year basis. If the lift is used in high frequency like more than 20 times a day, better change the oil once half year. If the working environment is dusty, you should also consider change oil often.
- Check all the oil tubes and connections. There should be no loosen or broken. Tighten each connections.